Space Patch Information
This patch fixes a bug in the sph_to_xyz spacecall so it works correctly
again. This patch also improves the PSE support for more than the default
number of spaces by tidying up the initialization code. Two new spacecalls
are available - set_space_name and get_space_name - which allow the internal
name of each space to be readback and changed. Finally, the range speedup
code was made unconditional in this release in preparation for the 0.9.x
NOTE: See the information about S71115 for the changes needed to support
the new console arrangements which are also in this release.
- Download S80309c.gz if you are going to apply this to a clean 0.8.6
- Download S80309.gz if you are going to apply this to 0.8.6 + S80102
- Change to your space directory. (eg space-0.8.6 or space-s80102)
- Uncompress the patch using gunzip -d S80309.gz or gunzip -d S80309c.gz
- Run patch -p1 < S80309 or patch -p1 < S80309c
- Read the CHANGES file, and look through the source to see what's changed.
- Edit spaceconf.h to enable/disable the features you want
- Recompile the space code.
- If the warnings about discarding 'const' worry you, edit the externs.h, stringutils.c and db.c in the mux directory to make the relevant parameters 'const char *' instead of just 'char *'. NOTE: This may not be 100% safe for atr_add.
- Change to your mux source directory (eg ~/mux/src)
- Recompile your MUX
- Log into your MUX and @restart it.
- Check @version shows that the features you wanted are compiled in.
- Update the softcode to deal with the new features/changes.
This code is provided as a service to the community using the Portable
Space Code. By using this code, you agree that the author is not responsible
in any way for any damage caused.
Maintained by Mark Cooke
Last Updated: Friday, 28-Nov-2003 10:52:50 GMT